SHOP & DONATE
Support Northwest Folklife while you shop on Amazon. Sign in at AmazonSmile and select Northwest Folklife as the nonprofit of your choice. Every time you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate a portion of your purchase to Northwest Folklife.
Items eligible for AmazonSmile are marked with “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product pages. To learn more about the AmazonSmile program, click here.
GIFTS OF STOCK
Making a gift of appreciated securities is one of the most advantageous ways to support Northwest Folklife while enjoying income tax advantages. Please follow these easy steps to facilitate the transfer of your shares:
Provide your broker with the following information:
Broker: Charles Schwab, www.schwab.com
Account Name: Northwest Folklife
Account Number: 4158-7442
DTC# 0164 Code 40
Tax ID Number: 91-1311548
- Remind your broker to include your name, contact information, type and number of shares you are gifting, and any special instructions.
- Notify Northwest Folklife of your stock gift to ensure that it is successfully transferred and receipted. Please contact Development Coordinator, Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your stock, number of shares, estimated value, and any special instructions.
DONATE A VEHICLE
Donating your car, truck, boat, motorcycle or other vehicle is a great way to support Northwest Folklife. Follow these easy steps to make a vehicle donation:
- Call our vehicle donations partner CARS at 855-500-RIDE (855-500-7433)
- A CARS representative will schedule a pickup convenient for you
- CARS will sell the vehicle at a local car auction and give approximately 70% of the net proceeds to Northwest Folklife
- Vehicle donations are tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions regarding the value of your charitable donation.
It doesn’t matter where you are located or what type of vehicle you would like to donate. CARS has locations throughout the country and accepts most cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, off-road vehicles, heavy equipment, and other motorized vehicles, running or not. To learn more about our vehicle donation partner, CARS, and the vehicle donation process, please visit their website here.
Legacy gifts help ensure that Northwest Folklife remains a valuable cultural resource for our community now and in the future. Estate gifts provide stability and long-term support of Northwest Folklife’s programs while allowing planned giving donors to benefit from important reductions in current estate and income taxes.
If you have included Northwest Folklife in your will or estate plans, please let us know. We would love to speak with you and acknowledge your foresight and vision.
To discuss Northwest Folklife and your intentions for planned giving, please contact our Managing Director, Reese Tanimura, at email@example.com.
Northwest Folklife is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Tax ID # is 91-1311548.