Volunteers are the heart (and hands!) of Northwest Folklife. From the beginning, so many people have generously brought their life experiences, skills and time to sustain a truly community-powered experience to the Northwest Folklife Festival and the array of programming offered throughout the year.
Thank you so much for your support - we are back live at Seattle Center for the 51st Annual Northwest Folklife Festival!
The Northwest Folklife Festival is a four-day, multicultural, intergenerational Festival held on Seattle Center grounds. Once again, this event will bring together performances, workshops, and families from all over the world for four days full of community celebration, cultural learning, sharing, hands-on discovery, and family fun!
Northwest Folklife is seeking volunteers from May 23-June 3, 2022, for 51st Annual Northwest Folklife Festival at Seattle Center. It takes hundreds of volunteers to staff the festival and ensure its sustainability.
If you have questions regarding volunteering, please email email@example.com.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Each individual must register in advance to volunteer, pass a background check, agree to the code of conduct, and sign a media release.
- Please note that all volunteers are required to submit a background check. Those under 18 will need a parent to complete a background check.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign a consent form; anyone under the age of 16 requires a parent or guardian to work with them. No one under the age of 14 may volunteer.
- All Northwest Folklife staff, contractors, and volunteers are subject to Executive Order 2021-08. We have received guidance from Seattle Center and the City that festival performers, vendors, and volunteers fall under “contractors and volunteers.” Therefore, although the Washington State and King County vaccine mandates has been lifted, all volunteers must comply with this order. Additionally, for the safety of our staff, patrons, and peers we will require volunteers at indoor venues and other select locations, as well as working in "back of house" roles to wear masks.
- Your work may be physical, and some include extended periods of standing. Depending on the job, you might be asked to lift at least 30lbs.
Please check in at the volunteer center at least 15 minutes early with your ID/proof of vaccination and plan to participate during the entire scheduled session!
51 Years of Northwest Folklife
As we embark upon the next 50 years of Northwest Folklife, we are grateful for the passion and community power that our incredible volunteers bring year after year!
Please check out the 2022 Cultural Focus, Metamorphosis: In With the Old, In With the New, amplifying the power of creativity, collaboration, tradition and transformation that is the arts and cultural legacy of the Pacific Northwest region.
For more information, email us or call 206-684-7303. Thank you for your support!